“Ambassadors of Caring has taught
me to find what you love to do and then
find a way to do service or create a project that builds on that.”
Raul, Ambassador of Caring,
SA Douglas High School, Philadelphia
What is the Ambassadors of Caring Leadership Program?
The Ambassadors of Caring Leadership Program is a year-long program that prepares young people recognized as “Champions of Caring” to become leaders and advocates for service and social justice. This exciting program consists of monthly meetings and workshops, retreats, and special field trips.
The program assists Ambassadors in further developing leadership and communication skills. These skills include public speaking, interviewing, planning, implementing and sustaining service projects and a variety of other skills associated with “social entrepreneurship.” Ambassadors not only develop their own skills but learn how to “teach” these skills to their peers and others.
Additionally, Ambassadors collaborate with each other to plan and implement an Impact Project that addresses an authentic community need, increases awareness around this need and inspires others in their communities to serve.
Who can be an Ambassador?
Honored “Champions of Caring” who are prepared to assume leadership roles in service and advocacy are welcome to join.
To be honored as an Ambassador in May:
Continue with your service
- Attend the leadership retreat
- Attend our scheduled Sunday afternoon workshops
- Create an Impact Project and get friends to serve
- Recruit 2 people to apply to become Champions of Caring
- Apply to become an Ambassador by filling out our application
Why should I apply?
In addition to the opportunities for “Champions,” Ambassadors also have the opportunity to:
- Get to know and network with peers from different backgrounds who share your passion for caring
- Gain an edge on college acceptance- Colleges love service and leadership experience!
- Become eligible for service learning college scholarships, awards, and internships
- Participate in newspaper/television/radio interviews
- Attend an all-expenses-paid youth leadership retreat
- Learn advocacy, public speaking, and leadership skills from the experts
- Receive support for your service from experts in the field
- Do what you love . . . have fun . . . and make the world a better place!
How do I apply?
Once honored as a Champion, you will be able to sign up for the Ambassadors Program.